WordPress backup to Dropbox is my favourite plugin to backup my WordPress installations. It’s quick, efficient and best of all free!
Backing up is an important part of almost all systems, whether it be a million dollar server for a large company or your mobile phone. WordPress is no different, unless you are hosting your website with a premium hosting company (like WPEngine) it’s likely your site will not be backed up when you first set it up.
Backing up is probably the most important thing you can do for any website not just WordPress. However the great thing about WordPress is it’s really easy and will only take you 5 minutes, with no knowledge at all.
Just follow these steps and you’ll be backed up and safe in no time at all:
2. Go to the Plugins section on your WordPress dashboard, click new and then search.
3. Search for ‘Backup to Dropbox’ and click install.
4. Click on the WPB2D icon on your dashboard sidebar.
5. The first time you use it you will need to click authorize with Dropbox and give the plugin permission to write to your Dropbox account.
6. Choose the time, date and frequency you would like your website to be backed up.
7. Finished! Your WordPress backup is all set and ready.
Now you website will be backed up to a folder in your Dropbox, ready any time you may need it.
There are also some premium extensions available if you would prefer your website in a zipped folder format or have e-mail notifications, checkout the premium extensions here.
Let us know in the comments how you usually backup your websites (if at all!) we’d love to hear from you.