One of the things I’ve always struggled with as a freelancer is the finances – keeping track of everything can be quite a chore and even quite confusing especially when you are just starting out.
I’ve tried numerous websites and ways to keep track and they all either ended up taking longer than it needed to or made things even more confusing. That’s when I stumbled across Harpoon, as soon as I logged in I could already see a big difference – right from the start everything was so intuitive and easy to use, I actually enjoyed setting up my clients and invoices, something I never thought I would say!
Harpoon is already rich with features and it seems like almost every week I log in there is a new feature or update waiting for me.
My favourite part of Harpoon is the goal tracking; it easily helps me set manageable goals and tells me how close I am to achieving them through quick and easy to understand dashboard blocks. In seconds I can see how well I’m doing for the month or year, how much I’m expected to earn, how much I earn per hour, even how many days off I’ve earned. The schedule is another great page, it lets you see all of the projects you are working on or have worked on, the expected and collected revenue for them and how well you are meeting your goals for the year – it’s a nice easy way to view how everything is going.
Here’s a quick run down of the main features:
- Financial Metrics Dashboard – as you can see in the screenshot above Harpoon show you a variety of metrics in easy to understand graphs and charts, quickly get an overview of your progress.
- Financial Goals Tracker – As mentioned above use the goals tracker to set targets and use Harpoon to see how close you are to achieving them.
- Project and Revenue Schedule – Use the schedule to track your projects and keep an eye on how your finances are looking for the next period.
- Time-Tracking – monitor and track your time with Harpoons handy time tracking section. The time tracking app lets you hit record when you are working and keep track of exactly how much time you are putting in for a certain project and then let you charge your client on an hourly rate if needed.
- Invoicing and Online Payment Support – Quickly and easily set up your invoices for clients, then track when invoices are opened and paid for. You can even link them up with stripe and bhave Harpoon automatically track any payments.
- Expenses tracking – keep track of any expenses throughout your projects and have them deducted from your revenue, you can also attach expenses to invoices and have your clients charged for them.
The only feature missing for me at the moment is the ability to invoice in multiple currencies across a single account, as a lot of my work stretches across 2 different countries I need to invoice in different currencies for each country. At the moment Harpoon only allows for a single currency across the app but hopefully this will change in a future update.
The cost is nice and simple just like the app. Just the one price of $19 a month gets you access to everything, paying annually gets this down to $15 a month.
Harpoon is perfect for freelancers who want to make their financial life so much easier. It will save you a lot of time and let you get on with actually completing the work, all the while helping you hit your goals and achieve your financial targets. They offer a 14-day free trial (no credit card required) so there’s no excuse not to check it out and see how easy it is to manage your freelance finances efficiently. Check out Harpoon
Check out Harpoon here.